Web Security Month!
Most all of you (RWD’s WordPress clients) are using my ‘Proactive WebSite Security‘ service. This is a month where I outline this service, explaining what we provide, and show how these are ABOVE the industry standards for your own protection.
- WordPress Plugin Updates – Most plugins are updated by their creators for security reasons, but also for added features. These must be updated on your site on a regular basis.
- Regular Scheduled Backups – All sites are backed-up on a regular basis for protection from any sort of attack or update problems.
- Proactive Security Updates – Your site is scanned on a weekly basis to determine if any sort of activity or updates need to be performed.
- Performance Optimization – Your site is regularly checked for optimum performance.
- Malware prevention / cleanup & Performance Scans – I use the best tools for active protection, including WordFence & GravityScan.
- 24/7 Uptime Monitoring – If your site, for any reason, is off-line, I am notified.
WordPress web sites are constantly being hacked, or rather are ATTEMPTED to be hacked on a daily basis. WordPress security is all about proactivity. You know what they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, especially on the web. Most WP attacks initiate from Russia, China, France, India, Ukraine and the good ol’ USA.
Security is one of the most important aspects of running a website these days, as there truly are a lot of malicious people out there that can and will try to target your website (whether to try and steal your data, use your PC for a DDoS, or a number of other reasons known only to them).
With Proactive WordPress maintenance, I am pledging time to be your client’s website “bodyguard.” If anybody messes with your business, I’m going in there, guns blazing. Otherwise, you’ll sit quietly in the corner, keeping one eye shut and the other on the door.
Yes, this is different than regular ‘site maintenance‘, which has been outlined in your contracts. ‘Site maintenance’ has been focused on making changes to content / images on your current pages. Changes prices, changing content, adding fresh news are all examples of your existing ‘site maintenance’ agreement. WordPress Maintenance deals with security, backups, prevention and keeping up with various plugin updates.
I also keep up with the latest News from the WordPress Security network – https://www.richswebdesign.com/wordpress-maintenance-proactive-security-backups-malware-prevention/#LatestWPNews
Please send me your feedback & questions about this service.