Monthly Reports Terms Explained (Reminder)
As a client of RWD, you receive a Monthly Report during the 1st week of each month that shows the previous month performance stats. It is a month-to-month running chart of the below important metrics:
1. Monthly Visits – These are the number of monthly visitors / sessions where visitors viewed any part of your web site.
2. Conversions – These are your Contact Us forms, Newsletter sign-ups, e-commerce purchases that have been set-up as your site GOALS. A conversion is reported whenever a user completes a goal or makes a purchase during a session. Each goal will report a maximum of one conversion per session, while every transaction is reported.
3. Bounce Rate – A website’s bounce rate is the percentage of people who leave the site from the same page they entered the site, without clicking through to any other pages. This can be a good indicator of how good a website’s navigation is, as well as an indicator of the quality of the site’s content (a very high bounce rate doesn’t bode well for either of those things). If your site is small, simply shows your basic contact info, and a visitor comes to your site for your phone number and leaves, then having a high bounce rate is not significant.
4. Visibility – Determined by your rankings in the SERP (Search Engine Results Pages). The percentage score given to a website depends on its rank across a set of keywords in a search engine. In theory, if all of your phrases are in the 1st position on ALL search engines, you would have a 100% visibility score; If none of your phrases rank in the Top-30 positions, then you would have a 0% visibility. This score can be viewed best over a 3-4 month period and is HIGHLY dependent on your competition.
5. Ranking +/- – This compares how many of your search phrases Moved Up vs. Moved Down in the Rankings Reports.
6. Pages per visit – This is the average number of pages that your visitors have seen in an average visit to your site.
7. Session Duration – The average amount of time your visitors spend on your site.
Some or most of the above items are included in your monthly results, but each client’s report is customized for your business / web site. If you use Google AdWords (now called Google Ads) then your PPC stats will also be shown re: PPC visitors, PPC Conversions, etc. If your site does not need SEO, then no Ranking Visibility +/- stats will show.
Also included are insights and / or recommendations which highlight your site performance or weaknesses we need to tweak. It may mention that your site needs more reviews, fresh content, more inbound links, more postings on your social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, twitter, etc.) or other significant items.
Please send me your feedback & questions about these monthly reports.