As a client of Rich’s Web Design you will be receiving a monthly report based on your Google Analytics performance metrics, your Ranking Reports and most importantly, Insights and / or Recommendations. (example below)
Running Statistics -
This section shows you the most recent ( 6-8 months) significant site metrics, so you can compare over many months. Each term is defined below the chart area. If your site uses Google AdWords (now called Google Ads), then these stats will also be shown month-to-month.
The 4 most important KPI (Key Performance Indicators) will also be shown in chart form. For some people, charts are much easier to understand, when it comes to statistics.
The above metrics show the last few months and this past month, highlighted in YELLOW. Each row / term is explained below:
- Monthly Visits – These are the number of sessions where visitors viewed any part of your web site.
- Conversions - These are your Contact Us forms, Newsletter sign-ups, e-commerce purchases that have been set-up as your site GOALS.
- Bounce Rate - A website’s bounce rate is the percentage of people who leave the site from the same page they entered the site, without clicking through to any other pages. This can be a good indicator of how good a website’s navigation is, as well as an indicator of the quality of the site’s content (a very high bounce rate doesn’t bode well for either of those things).
- Visibility - Determined by your rankings in the SERP (Search Engine Results Pages). The percentage score given to a website depends on its rank across a set of keywords in a search engine. In theory, if all of your phrases are in the 1st position on ALL search engines, you would have a 100% visibility score; If none of your phrases rank in the Top-30 positions, then you would have a 0% visibility. This score can be viewed best over a 3-4 month period and is HIGHLY dependent on your competition.
- Ranking +/- - This compares how many of your search phrases Moved Up vs. Moved Down in the Rankings Reports.
- Pages per visit - This is the average number of pages that your visitors have seen in an average session.
- Session Duration - The average amount of time your visitors spend on your site.
- SEO Clients – We now show ‘Google’s Page Experience’ (Mobile / Desktop) scores. See https://www.richswebdesign.com/may-2021-newsletter/ for a full explanation.
INSIGHTS and / or RECOMMENDATIONS -
This section may include improvements / reduction in metrics, reasons why and suggestions that either RWD or the client can initiate for improvements.
Classify Your Metrics - from Avinash Kaushik
Classify your metrics into:
- EFFICIENCY - (i.e. CPMs)
- VANITY - (likes or impressions)
- EFFECTIVENESS - (Brand Lift, Profit)
... If less than 50% are EFFECTIVENESS, re-evaluate your analysis!